Wednesday, December 12, 2007

In search of ... Christmas cash

Looks like I'll be offline for the next hour or so.

We're in the middle of a new "Christmas Experiment" at the Smith casa, and it's not going so well.

This year, we've decided that there will be "no" credit card charges for Christmas gifts. All cash.

So, I recently made a trip to the bank and withdrew the money that Kat and I had agreed would be ear-marked for Christmas 2007. I've had "the cash" with me for a few days, and have even purchased three gifts.

However, I was headed out to make a Christmas purchase during my lunch time (today), and realized I didn't have the money.

"Um, hi, Kat? Say, would you check the pants I was wearing last night and tell me if there are five white envelopes in the back pocket?"

"Yeah, I'll wait."

"No? No you didn't find my pants or no you didn't find the money?"

"I see. Ok, thanks."
I'm headed home to back-track my steps.

Cheers.

No comments: