Tuesday, March 25, 2008

The New WirelessJobs.com Community

I'm just days away from officially launching the new WirelessJobs.com community (actually, it's already up and going....just click the link to take you there). I posted about this a week or so ago and told you it was time for a change.

The WirelessJobs.com address will be changed in a few days. Till then, the new site can be found at wirelessjobsnet.ning.com.

I'm excited about the new format, and the opportunity to provide a platform where job seekers, recruiters, and just plain 'ol wireless geeks can hang out and do what we do best.

I'm sure the new format will provide enough confusion to drive me crazy the first few weeks, but in time we'll figure out where everything goes and it'll be old hat.

Here's a few examples of things you might want to do on the new site:

Let's pretend you are an RF Engineer and you want to post your resume? Simple...just create a category in the forum for "RF Engineer Resumes." Post your resume and off you go.

Say you are a recruiter and you want to post a Software Developer job. No sweat....just create a category in the forum tab for "Software Developer Jobs" and post your job description. Actually, I've already created that one, so just take a look at my example and it'll be smooth sailing.

Last one...say you are a Hardware Engineer at Ericsson and you like connecting with other people in wireless and talking about well, hardware. Create a category in the forum section called Hardware Engineer Rants and get with it.

I look forward to meeting you in the new community. Once you join, please "add me as a friend." I'd enjoy connecting with you.

Oh, and here's a link to join the new WirelessJobs.com Community:

Click HERE to join the new WirelessJobs.com Community!

And, don't forget to invite your friends.

To the wireless social network,

Dennis

No comments: