Monday, June 25, 2007

Wireless Engineering Jobs in Texas?

My team spends a large part of their day looking for the best and brightest in the wireless industry - specifically, RF Engineers.

Curiosity got the best of me today and I thought I'd take a peek at how many engineering jobs are currently "posted" in the state of Texas.

I did a simple job search:

Area of interest: engineering
Key word: wireless
State: Texas
Here's what I came up with:

Careerbuilder: 57 jobs

Monster: 66 jobs

YahooHotJobs: 26 jobs

Indeed: 489 jobs (like Jobster, I could not search on "engineering" as an area of interest, so had to include it in my key word search while excluding all jobs related to sales and marketing. The problem is, the results still include many I/T related wireless jobs that are not truly "engineering" jobs...thus the higher number of results.

Jobster: 112 jobs (like Indeed, I had to run the same type of search, including engineering as a key word, and excluding sales AND marketing. However, I can't exclude every single I/T related keyword so it still pulls up many I/T jobs rather than engineering (but with far fewer valueless results as Indeed and SimplyHired).

SimplyHired: 442 jobs (ditto Indeed and Jobster).

Of course, I didn't cover every job board or job site - I'm on the road again this week and don't have time to run 1,000 additional searches.

But based on the results shown, what can we surmise?

Oh, I suppose I could wax philosophical and come up with something that sounds really smart.

Or, I could just ask this question:

Are you an engineer looking to join the ranks of the best/brightest in the wireless industry? If so, all of the above sources should not be overlooked.

But in the process of your job search, don't forget WirelessJobs.com. Sending your resume here is pain-free and 100% guaranteed to avoid the "blackhole-resume-graveyard." In fact, it goes straight to the recruiter's desktop: mine.

I'll ensure that it lands in front of the appropriate recruiter (usually same day) - and that's the first step in building a relationship with the greatest minds in the wireless business.

And step #1, my wireless-junkie-friend, is our goal.

Look forward to hearing from you,

Dennis Smith
T-Mobile USA
Sr. Manager, Recruiting
Engineering - National Operations

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great site. A lot of useful information here. I’m sending it to some friends!

Wireless Engineering said...

I am going to bookmark this page for my friends thanks for sharing this info..!!