Tuesday, May 01, 2007

So I Can Single-Handedly Change the World (and other reasons why I blog)

Earlier, I posted "Why Do You Blog?" so I could reference Shally's post, and also to ask you (blogosphere) why you blog.

For the record, Chad posted his answers HERE. And, Bill Warren HERE. Both short and interesting. In fact, if you read Bill's post, you'll get a chance to see what he really thinks about Cheezhead. Shhhh - don't tell Joel (he thinks Bill likes him).

Now that I've had a chance to catch my breath, I figured it only made sense that I do the same.

Here goes:

Why do you blog?

I blog because I care about connecting with people around a topic that is near and dear to each one of us ... our jobs.
What do you prefer to blog about?

All things related to "job search," and, since I'm really a geek at heart, anything wireless.
Where do you receive your inspiration?

Job seekers (like Jim Kline); other recruiting geeks (like Jason); wireless-techie-geeks, like Dan, and those who passionately pursue excellence (in anything), like Scott.
Who do you write your blog for?

See question number 1.

How much as blogging impacted your business/company's recruiting brand?

Well, I don't think T-Mobile Recruiting needed my help to build the brand. T-Mo already has the coolest work culture in the wireless biz. But I hope it's helped job seekers put a face with our recruiting brand.

I just want to do my part to change the job search process so job-seekers will know that when they deal with T-Mobile, they aren't dealing with the infamous Black Hole process.

We aren't hiding behind our company's firewall hoping nobody finds us. We've jumped out of the fox holes and are slugging it out on the front-lines where the war for talent is won.
When do you find the time to blog?

What's the old saying, "Late to bed and early to rise makes a blogger healthy, wealthy, and wise?" Well, maybe not. I blog early - I blog late - and any moment I can catch in between.
So, blogosphere, why do you blog?!!!

By the way, if you are going to the Kennedy Conference in Vegas, please email me (smithtx@gmail.com). I'd love to meet you.

Dennis

No comments: