Monday, October 09, 2006

The tricky business of private cell phone calls at work


Most of talk on our cell phones during the day - at work - on personal calls. That's right - we shouldn't, but we do. And, the Chicago Tribune's Patrick Kampert reminds us that, it's pretty stuff.

Here's an excerpt of Patrick's article:

Liz Calderon of Cicero thought she was safe when one memorable call came through on her cell phone.

She was doing temp work after being let go from a previous job for filing for worker's compensation. The caller was her attorney, who was trying to help her obtain the benefits she had been denied. So she borrowed an unoccupied office for a couple of minutes for some complete privacy.

"The person who managed me was out on travel, so I ducked in there," she said.

After the conversation was over, the man in the next office saw Calderon looking distressed and called her in.

"Is everything OK? Because I overheard your conversation," the exec said. "I just want you to know that if there's anything I can do, please let me know."

Even today, the moment is etched in Calderon's mind.

Read Kampert's complete article, HERE.

No comments: