Tuesday, April 11, 2006

The Perfect Husband

I don't normally post jokes, but thought I'd make an exception since this is a joke about "cellphones." And, no I don't really believe there exists such a beast as the perfect husband.

HT to King Geekasaurus himself, Clint Satterwhite:

Several men are in the locker room of a golf club. A cellphone on a bench rings and a man engages the hands free speaker-function and begins to talk. Everyone else in the room stops to listen.

Man: ” Hello”

Woman: “Honey, it’s me. Are you at the club?”

Man: “Yes”

Woman: “I am at the mall now and found this beautiful leather coat. It’s only $1000. Is it OK if I buy it?”

Man:”Sure, go ahead if you like it that much.”

Woman: “I also stopped by the Mercedes dealership and saw the new models. There was one I would really like to have.”

Man:”How much?”

Woman: “$60,000″

Man:? “OK, but for that price make sure you get all the options.”

Woman:?? “Great! Oh and one more thing…..The house we wanted last year is back on the market. They’re asking $950,000.”

Man: “Well, then go ahead and give them an offer, but just offer 900,000″.

Woman:?? “OK. I’ll see you later! I love you!”

Man: “Bye, I love you, too!”

The man hangs up. The other men in the locker room are looking at him in astonishment.

Then he asks “Does anyone know who this cellphone belongs to?”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That joke received mixed reviews in my household.